DIY Frayed Hem Jeans
Looking for a way to make your jeans a little more fun? Try this super chic diy!
Here's what you'll need:
- Chalk /white colored pencil/crayon
- Seam ripper or tweezers
1. Start by measuring out where you want to cut the hem and mark it with the crayon or chalk. Cut off the end using your marking. This is your new hem so you might not want to cut off too much! (second picture)
2. Use your chalk again to mark where you want the frayed part to start. (fourth picture)
3. Next, mark little vertical strips at the bottom and cut these strips which should be at least an inch long between the bottom of the hem and the marking you made in step 2. (fifth picture)
4. With the strips, now you want to use the seam ripper or tweezers to start loosening up the edges. You want to look for the white horizontal threads and pull those out. (sixth picture)
5. Once you have pulled out all the the white threads in the strips, put your jeans in the washer and they're done!